Meeting June Agenda

OUGHTERSIDE AND ALLERBY PARISH COUNCIL

THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE HELD ON

TUESDAY 8th JUNE 2021 AT 7.00 PM IN

PROSPECT VILLAGE HALL

Dear Parish Councillor,

You are summoned to attend the next meeting of Oughterside and Allerby Parish Council, as detailed above.

1.    Apologies

2.    Declaration of interest.

3.    To approve and accept the minutes of the last Oughterside & Allerby parish council meeting held on Tuesday 4th May 2021, as a true record.

4.    Public participation/open session, 15 minutes allowed including clerks update.

5.    Police Matters

6.    Matters concerning District and County Councillors.

7.    Applications for Development.

8.    Village(s) verge and playing area flower rewilding, Cllr J C.

9.    Pond Green play area equipment refurbishment, Cllr R S & clerk.

10. Reaffirm Parish Council’s Finance Code. (circulated beforehand)

11. Reaffirm Parish Council’s Standing Orders. (circulated beforehand)

12. Material and content for INSIDE magazine July summer edition.

13. Progress report, clerk

14. Oughterside councillors’ reports

15. Correspondence

16. Payments for approval

17. Date and time of the next meeting Tuesday 13th July 2021 7.00pm at Prospect Village Hall.

Signed

Mike Milner

Mike Milner, Clerk and RFO to Oughterside & Allerby Parish Council 2nd June 2021

oughtersideparishclerk@gmail.com

The meeting will be held in Prospect village hall, but current social distancing will be observed. Please also note START TIME is back to 7pm.

Documents

OUGHTERSIDE AND ALLERBY PARISH COUNCIL

The minutes of Oughterside and Allerby Parish Council Meeting

held in Prospect Village Hall on Tuesday 8th June 2021.

 

Meeting Opened: The chairman declared the meeting open at 7.00pm. Resumption of meetings on a face-to-face basis.

Present: Cllrs Mrs L Preston-Miller (chair), J Cowan, R Salmon, Mrs D Volkaerts.

Allerdale Borough and Cumbria County Councillors: None in attendance

Clerk: Mike Milner

Members of the public: 4

790.00 Apologises for absence: Mrs P Lukeman, A Morris.

790.00 Declaration of interests: None.

Clerk obtained signatures on acceptance of office declarations from Cllr L P-M & J C.

791.00 To read and approve the minutes of the last meeting held on Tuesday 4th May 2021.

791.01. Resolved to approve the minutes as a true and accurate record.

792.00 Public Participation Session. 15 minutes allowed.

792.01 Clerk advised that per minute 778.01 a photo of the defib signage had been supplied by Cllr R S and clerk had contacted CTM Signs in Carlisle, ordered the signs (5) and that he had taken delivery and fitted them.

792.02 As per minute 778.02 clerk had contacted the grounds contractor Tivoli and the BMX track would be repaired at a cost of £50 ex VAT and sown with grass seed. Cllr R S requested that Tivoli used some of the discarded stones were put back into the infill to give it a suitable base.

792.03 The temporary secretary/treasurer of the Prospect Village Hall then updated the parish council of the situation regarding the electrics of the hall after a survey under taken by an approved electrical contractor at the request of the hall’s insurers.

792.04 The repairs, necessary installation updates would be carried out over the next few weeks, at a cost of £1397.28 which would make the system compliant with current regulations. The fire doors also need some updating and modification. The committee are also hoping to have confirmation of a grant in a few days to redecorate the buildings interior. Chair L P-M thanked him for the update and asked him to remain if he wished, which was accepted.

793.05 Member of the public again pointed out that the large pothole on the road to Arkleby which has been circled in white paint by Highways was getting worse. Clerk to email Highways that evening with reminder and photo taken after the meeting.

794.00 Police Matters.

794.01 clerk had circulated the police e-newsletter, no other report.

Page 191 (1 of 4) chairman………………………………………………………………. 13th July 2021

795.00 Matters concerning District and County Councillors. 

None present to make representations.

796.00 Applications for development.

796.01, no applications for discussion but clerk confirmed HOU/2021/0096 for new double garage had been approved.

797.00 Village(s) verge and playing area flower rewilding.

797.01 Cllr J C had circulated a document to the councillors earlier and he briefly went through its content. He concluded by pointing out the community response following its promotion in the last INSIDE magazine indicated that community commitment was very thin.

797.02 After a further discussion about Bee Bomb kits, which had been sown on Fleets Meadow by the parish’s tenant of that meadow, where Bee Bombs could be placed and perhaps it was a topic that the school should be involved with, councillors agreed that Cllr J C and clerk investigate costs of such kits and consider an area down by the memorial tree in the main Oughterside playing field.

798.00 Pond Green play area equipment refurbishment.

798.01 Cllr R S advised that he was encountering problems in just getting all of the current fund-raising team members to meet at the play area to discuss in details what funding they had and how to progress the project, but he hoped to have that resolved for the next meeting.

798.02 Clerk advised that following the previous meeting and discussions on play equipment and its inspection he had contacted Tivoli, but the manager confirmed it was not in their current contract. Clerk had contacted RoSPA and circulated their email reply received that morning. He ran through the options and Cllrs agreed that the August/September inspection which would cost £68.50 per site, the parish has 3, which includes up to 5 items of equipment per site, each additional item costs £3.50, all prices ex VAT, was the most appropriate scheme. Clerk authorised to put system in place for this year. Results could dictate how refurbishments are made to Pond Green play area.

799.00 Reaffirm Parish Council’s Finance Code.

799.02 prior to the meeting all Cllrs had received a copy of the Finance Code, no changes from previous year and councillor resolved unanimously to their continued use.

800.00 Reaffirm Parish Council’s Standing Orders.

800.01 again prior to the meeting clerk had circulated to all Cllrs a copy of the Standing Orders. They had been amended last year to accommodate virtual meetings, which the clerk now acknowledged were not permitted, but if a further Covid lockdown was necessary or legislation changes permitted the return to virtual a hybrid combination he had amended the virtual meeting addendum to allow for their use without frantic need to change standing orders.

800.01 councillors unanimously resolved to approve the new Standing Orders.

Page 192 (2 of 4) chairman………………………………………………………………. 13th July 2021

801.00 Material and content for INSIDE magazine July Summer edition

801.01 clerk had invited Kieron Sutton to the meeting as he edited the magazine. Topics for the next edition were, Meadow Bank leak, bus shelter refurbishments all 3, update on the wild flower project, the installation of the defibrillator signs at village entrance, damage to the BMX track, Prospect village hall refurbishment, council returning to face-to-face meetings and also the repair to the Salterwath Beck bank. Clerk to provide images and details of items, plus Cllr J C to provide wild flower item. Everything to Kieron for second week of July.

802.00 Progress reports, clerk

802.01 as per minute 781.05 all accounts documents submitted to PKF Littlejohn, duly acknowledged, plus on the website and appropriate notification in noticeboards.

802.02 Clerk had not yet actioned drainage for Allerby Green or Oughterside playing field. It was on to do list but he was waiting for Covid changes before getting contractors along.

802.03 as per minute 785.03 clerk has letter from MP Mark Jenkinson about Meadow Bank leak, he was continuing to monitor Highways actions.

802.04 clerk still as per minute 785.04 investigating village, hamlet boundaries.

802.05 as minute 785.06 clerk had met before the meeting with Michael Rooke and they had both signed another annual contract for the use of the Fleet Meadow (Picnic Field) and clerk had received £200 in cash for the annual rental. Clerk to reduce his monthly approved payment by £200 and he will hold on to the cash, save queuing at HSBC to pay the monies in.

802.06 as minute 786.04 damage to area below swing in Pond Green, clerk to recirculate the mats he had found, which he recalled as being £31 approx. each and perhaps they could be delivered to Cllr J C and he Cllr R S and clerk could peg in position. Clerk to rephotograph the area and measure.

802.07 Cllr R S had advised that as minute 786.05 Salterwath Beck bank was eroding and Highways not responding. Clerk had been in contact with a Highways engineer and that with assistance of PROW team, more than adequate repair has been made.

802.08 as minute 786.06 play ground inspection, see 798.02 above for that outcome.

802.09 clerk reported that he had had to buy 2 new noticeboard padlocks, Miners Arms and Oughterside play area, as both had been tampered with, to be replaced after this meeting.

803.00 Councillors Reports.

803.01 Cllr J C had attended a very informative virtual meeting on Village Green law. His advice was not to meddle, leave as it all is, walking a dog across a village green is not considered a recreational activity, throw a ball for that same dog to retrieve is considered a recreational activity.

803.02 Cllr J C also drew the Cllrs attention to the excellent repairs made to the River Ellen bank after clerk had taken the issue up with Cumbria County Council’s river and bridge engineer over 18 months ago.

803.03 Cllr R S was concerned that after Beech Hill hamlet the road narrows drastically towards the River Ellen bridge and he thinks there should be a “road narrows” warning sign. Clerk to look at the situation and contact the Highways team.

Page 193 (3 of 4) chairman………………………………………………………………. 13th July 2021

803.04 Chair L P-M wished it be minuted that a plum tree opposite Lime Kiln View Cottages had been correctly pruned, trimmed with the owner’s authority for road safety purposes and in an appropriate fashion and time when such actions were appropriate.

803.05 Chair has bought 2 pots of paint for goal post refurbishment, one location Oughterside playing field and other at Allerby Green. Cllrs R S & J C to tackle Oughterside location, chair to undertake Allerby Green goal post. Cost of paint £14.00

804.00 Correspondence.

804.01 Email received from Cllr A M about Prospect Hall electrics. See 793.03/04 in these minutes.

804.02 Information Commission Office had reminded Data Control Registration was due. Clerk had renewed the registration, annual cost £40 and that figure was in his expenses.

804.03 June invoice received from Tivoli for grounds maintenance.

804.04 Cllr R S had enquired by email if the school had responded about the state of the verges by the school lay-by. Clerk had advised Cllr R S he had of yet received no reply, but that he would after the half-term ask the question again.

804.05 All relevant email correspondence circulated as appropriate.

804.06 Invoice received from CTM Signs for the defibrillator location as one enters Prospect or Oughterside.

805.00 Payments for approval.

IntPay 150 M Milner, Total £345.99, Salary£255.64. Exp £90.35. Bank transfer to be for £145.99 and clerk to retain £200 Fleet Meadow rental income, payment £345.99

IntPay 151 HMRC PAYE, £63.80

IntPay 152 Tivoli, £450.40, June ground maintenance invoice

IntPay 153 CTM Signs, Carlisle, £168.00, defibrillator road signs (5)

IntPay 154 Lyndsey Preston-Miller £14.00 goal post refurbishment paint.

All Payments approved

Meeting closed 8.10 pm.

806.00 Date and time of next meeting Tuesday 13th July 2021 at 7.00pm at Prospect village hall.

Page 194 (4 of 4) chairman………………………………………………………………. 13th July 2021